Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When Will I Learn?

A couple of nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible stomach cramps, cold chills and nausea. As I lay on the cold bathroom floor I was trying to think what I may have eaten that had upset my stomach so much, but Mom and I had shared a lunch so it couldn’t be that and since we ate such a big lunch we didn’t even go out for dinner. The only thing I could come up with was nothing more than a change in diet. Rod and I had both gotten sick the first time we visited, but it was over in a day, this time it was much worse.

The next day I awoke feeling like I had been run over by a truck, not just any truck, but an 18 wheeler. I was determined to hang in there though, so I took a hot shower and we headed to Bananas for breakfast. I was thinking a bowl of porridge would be just the ticket.

Carlos met us at the house where we would be getting the locks changed and once again meeting with the architect. I felt so sick I had to go up on the roof so I could sit in the sun and warm up while everyone else stayed in the house and went over ideas.

Locksmith Working On The Lock

After the locks were changed. which by the way was $30.00 to have the front lock changed and welded and two other locks cut off, we headed to a local pharmacy to get something for my ailing stomach. Carlos emerged with a bottle of 6 pills by the name of Floratil, they were 200 mg each and I was to take two right away and the rest 12 hours apart.

Our plan today was to look at Granite and Marble, so Carlos drove us to a couple of places and I stayed in the car while Mom, Carlos and Rod checked out the stone. On the way back to the Kookabbura I asked Carlos to stop once more at a pharmacy and pick up some Pepto Bismol. This time he emerged with two packets of pills that were supposed to help with the stomach cramps and nausea. At this point I was willing to try anything. Unfortunately I did not get the name of these pills, but I will try and find out what they were and post the names later.

We returned to the Kookaburra in the early evening and retired to bed at the embarrassing hour of 7:30. I kept taking my pills, but by 10:00 pm I was thinking Carlos was going to have carry me to the Hospital the next day as my stomach was doing the Texas Two Step. Amazingly when I awoke the next morning I felt like a brand new person, the pills had worked nothing short of a miracle. I was once again ready to tackle the day.

I have learned a valuable lesson I will never forget and next time I visit, I will start a regimen of acidophilus two weeks prior to leaving the states in order to help build up my immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment